Your Next Step is an interactive tool that helps Philadelphia career seekers navigate the many resources, services and programs available to them to support their career success.
As the sixth largest metro in the U.S., Philadelphia has a lot to offer those who live, learn, and work here. Your Next Step was developed by the City of Philadelphia, Department of Commerce and Philadelphia Works, the City’s Workforce Development Board, as an innovative solution to increase access and equity to the public resources that help individuals take their next step towards success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
The Department of Commerce works with organizations, large and small, to make the city an attractive place to do business. Our department offers support through:
- Access to financing and improvement programs.
- Assistance from location-based business service managers.
- Projects that make the city’s commercial corridors clean, safe, and well-lit.
- Efforts to ensure that minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses can succeed.
- Resources for companies—local, national, and international—to launch and grow in Philadelphia.
- A workforce development plan to prepare residents for careers in family-sustaining jobs.
ABOUT PHILADELPHIA WORKS
Our Mission: To develop and manage smart workforce solutions that respond to business needs and increase economic opportunity for all Philadelphia residents.
Our Vision: A thriving Philadelphia workforce, a stronger local economy.
Learn more at PhilaWorks.org.